Sunday, January 07, 2007

I can't believe it!

It has been such a long time since I posted anything. There have been so many changes since my last post that I don't even know where to begin. Obviously, Christmas happened as well as New Year's Eve. We got through those two events pretty much unscathed. Christmas was quite overwhelming for Lilli. It didn't take her long to figure out what to do with a brightly wrapped box! She was completely overstimulated by the end of the evening which cut our evening short and made for an early bed time. She got a lot of nice things and I think she enjoyed all of the "cousin" time.

Lilli stayed with my parents New Year's Eve and got some undivided attention from her Uncle Mike and Aunt Laura. I think they really enjoyed spending some one-on-one time with her. Laura hadn't seen Lilli since the first week we were home from China! That is almost six months! It will be six months on the 17th of this month.

I went back to work last Thursday. Lilli started going to daycare on December 27. So far, so good. The greatest thing about daycare is that our nights have gotten SO much better. I had to fight to keep Lilli awake until 7:00 tonight. After her bath, I put her down in her crib and she fell asleep almost immediately. We have been so grateful for the calm bedtime. It has made such a difference in so many things. Getting her to sleep in her own bed has been such a difficult thing for us. I am just so thankful that our (Todd's) hard work (and daycare) are paying off.

Another great thing since daycare is that Lilli has a few words that she uses consistently. One of them is HILARIOUS. It is more of a phrase, really, and we probably shouldn't encourage her to say it, but we think it is too cute. When somebody is doing something they shouldn't be doing or she doesn't like it, Lilli will point her finger at them and say, "top it!" (Stop it!)She also has a stern look that goes along with it. My sil said I shouldn't worry about her saying this and that it is no worse than a child saying "no, no." I guess. Her other words are puppy, mommy, daddy, bye-bye and sometimes baby. She is still very stubborn when it comes to talking. She does things on her own time and NO one is going to force her otherwise. I kind of like that about her.

I am finally starting to feel like we are a family. It has taken us six months to settle in and feel like we are parents and for Lilli to become used to us. What a wild ride!

No comments: