Sunday, November 26, 2006

Home at last

We are finally home from our LAST trip of the year. I will not be going anywhere else unless someone calls me and tells me I have won a cruise or something. I'm so ready to be in my house in my bed and Lilli is, too. We have had a great time, but our routines are all askew and there is much to be taken care of here at home.

Nothing much to report. Everyone here is doing well. I put Lilli to bed tonight (fully asleep) and she didn't cry or anything. It was heaven. The last couple of nights have been trying to say the least. Being in a strange place is very hard on her. It probably wasn't the wisest of decisions to make all of these trips so close together. I think her attachment to Todd has suffered as well as her progression with the English language. Having some down time for the next several weeks will give us the opportunity to get back to work on the above topics.

I start back to work in January. I'm trying to figure out how I will get myself ready and get Lilli ready in the morning and still make it to school on time. As soon as I find childcare we will practice our morning several times to get us used to the routine. Hopefully when the real day comes we will be quasi-prepared. I know nothing can prepare me for leaving her that first day "for real", but it was going to happen sooner or later. I still have 5 weeks so I'm not going to dwell too much.

Well, I'm going to go watch Desperate Housewives.

No comments: