Thursday, November 30, 2006

Sick little peanut

Lilli is sick. I took her to the doctor today and she has pneumonia. I couldn't believe it. So, she is taking some hefty antibiotics and is supposed to get lots of rest and fluids. She has been running a fever off and on since Monday. I figured it was just a cold or something and gave her some Tylenol. Then, when she stopped eating I knew something was wrong. Being sick has made her a Cranky Crabcake. Nothing appeases the dragon and everything ticks her off! Mama said there'd be days like this!

Lilli had her hearing test on Wednesday and everything is fine. She has no hearing loss so that is not contributing to the fact that she isn't talking. Her vision is also good and she will not have to have surgery on her eyelids. We went to the eye doctor on Tuesday and he feels that she will grow out of the eyelid thing. Her bottom eye lids roll over into her eyes and the lashes lay against the eyeball. Sometimes this causes irritation, but in Lilli's case it doesn't seem to be causing a problem. In fact, Todd and I both feel it has improved since we've been home. We have to go back to this doctor in six months for a review but I think all will be well.

I go back to work in a few weeks. I still haven't made any childcare decisions. I know she will be fine and I will be fine, but I am having a problem with the thought of someone else being with her for most of the day. It just doesn't seem right.

I went to school yesterday for the first time in a few months and met one of my classes. It felt surreal walking into my classroom. The kids seemed so much bigger than I remember. I'm sure that has to do with me seeing Lilli all the time. I was able to interact with that class a bit and it felt good. I have certainly missed being around 9th graders.

Alrighty, I'm babbling and don't have anything interesting to say. Until next time . . .

1 comment:

Karrie said...

Do you have any daycares picked out?
I LOVE my daycare. Both of my kids have gone there since they were 3 months old. It's on Elm in downtown New Albany. I'd be glad to give you their info if you'd like.
Hope Lilli is feeling better.
Karrie from Clarksville, IN
kdavis@rothdevelopment.net