Saturday, October 14, 2006

Cat Scratch Fever

Lilli definitely has this illness. She is always scratching. Today, much to my dismay, she scratched her cousin hard and drew blood. I felt HORRIBLE! I got really upset and kind of froze. I didn't know what to do. It was an extremely uncomfortable situation. My sil was GREAT about it and said that these things happen. That is nice and all, but I still feel so responsible. My bil said that the kids are going to have a lot more scratches, black eyes, etc. between them as they get older. He is totally right, and I appreciated them being so nice about the whole thing.

I just put Lilli to bed and she cried for a few minutes. If I am not mistaken, she is asleep right now. She can be really sweet and then the next minute she is a devil. Tonight she was sitting with me on the floor playing with Legos and she reaches over and gives me a kiss on the arm. I absolutely melt when she is like that. Then, not ten minutes later, I catch her on top of the kitchen table literally hanging from the chandelier. My dad says she is a regular 19 mo. old kid. My mom delights in our trials and tribulations. I'm just flabbergasted. Nothing can prepare you for the amount of work kids are and they don't come with instruction manuals. Just when I think I am getting the hang of this mother thing, Lilli does something that throws me for a loop. This is completely uncharted waters and being a control freak doesn't make things any easier.

Well, I must go downstairs and straighten up the house. That is another thing; our house used to always be neat and tidy. Now it looks like Fisher-Price came over and threw up in the living room! I'm looking forward to the day when we move into a house where we can have a playroom for toys and for little people to play.

I'm off to have a glass of wine.

No comments: