Friday, October 13, 2006

The Magic Touch

Todd apparently has it. He can put Lilli to bed without a fuss. I, on the other hand, send her into hysterics whenever I place her in the crib. Sooooo, my job will be to give her a bath and Todd's job will be to put her to bed. Great plan until tomorrow night when Todd is working late. Guess Lilli will be staying up late! Ha!

We have some major molars coming in. She has one completely in and another one is crowning. I know that is contributing to her crabbiness.

Lilli's hair is finally starting to grow. It is probably 1-2 inches long on the top. I have some bows to put in her hair, but she yanks them out. I know her hair is going to be thin, but I think it is going to be coarse as well which should give it a little volume. I'm just dying to French braid her hair! If she's anything like I was, she won't let ANYONE touch her hair! My grandmother's only wish was to fix my hair and I absolutely refused to let her touch my head. The only person who could fix my hair was my mom. I remember when my mom was in the hospital having my younger brother and my dad attempted to fix my hair. I was so mad and I threw a HUGE tantrum. He tried to put a barrette in my hair and I can remember ripping it out and telling him he was doing it wrong! I was 4 1/2 years old and quite independent. I did not like my routine being messed with. Anyway, I just wonder how she will be.

I packed away all of Lilli's 12 month summer clothes. I was kind of nostalgic as I packed away the "man" dress and all of her rompers. I thought to myself that she will never wear any of those clothes again. It was a bittersweet moment. I pulled out any 18 month top I could find (18 mo. pants are still too big for her) and tried to sort through all of the MOUNTAINS of clothes my sil has given me. It is ridiculous the amount of clothing my niece had and has. My bil made a joke the other day when I was complementing them on a sweater my niece was wearing. He said, "Glad you like it. It'll be yours next year!" Too funny.

I was able to get down to my workshop this week for the first time in several months. I hadn't soldered glass in a long time and it felt good. Tonight I got to do some painting. I have missed my arts and crafts!

No comments: