Tuesday, May 16, 2006

15 more days of May

Sometime in the next 15 days I am going to get a call saying, "Congratulations! You have a _____ (probably daughter)." I will know how old my child is, I will know what he/she weighs, and I will have a photo. All of this agonizing waiting will be over! Then the real fun begins. I'm starting to get cautiously excited. There is still a part of me that thinks we will miss the cutoff again this month; that is the cautious part.

I checked the Rumor Queen a moment ago and it doesn't look good for families who logged in after us. One agency is telling their July people to plan on an October referral. OCTOBER!!!! I would absolutely hurt someone. Another agency is saying that they expect this next batch to get most of June. Good ol' Great Wall says the CCAA has the potential to complete two weeks worth of referrals (a very political and noncommittal answer.) That is kind of a good thing about GW. They are extremely cautious about what they say and how they say it. They also said that they expect referrals to be mailed the week of May 29. Again, they really don't know this for sure they are simply speculating based on the previous months. If may 29th is the case, I will probably know which child we have been matched with during the first couple of days in June. I can wait--heck, I've already waited an extra 6 months! What's another few days?!

Please keep us in your prayers that we make the cutoff this month! I really think Todd is going to go insane if we don't get our referral. Remember that last month they went through June 6 and we were logged in on June 9!

Until later . . .

No comments: