Monday, May 08, 2006

Still nothing newsworthy

Another week and nothing new. It was Derby this weekend and that is always fun. I picked the winning horse and the horse that came in second. That was worth a whopping $60!

I was reading the June DTC board tonight and someone said their agency expects referrals to go through June 21. I don't really care how far they go as long as they get through June 9! I've had several freak-out moments in the last couple days thinking that I may be a mom in a few short weeks. Eek! I still don't know how I am going to handle that. The word "mom" still scares me a little bit. I guess that is what pregnant women go through as well. It is interesting how many parallels there are between adopting and pregnancy (with the exception that my pregnancy is about to enter its 12th month!) Ha!

I planted my garden tonight. I am trying several new things this year. I'm growing cucumbers and watermelons. I hope I am successful. We had to build some type of deterrent for Boomer so he won't trample the garden. I knew the task was beginning to get on Todd's nerves. One of the funniest things about Todd is that he gets angry so quickly. It is never targeted at me, but he gets angry at inanimate objects that won't cooperate. I always know when he is about to blow a gasket: he makes this face and starts taunting the object. It used to really bother me but now I think it is H-I-larious! If the taunting and face making doesn't work he begins to "rough" up the object and treats it quite sternly. Lastly, if all else fails, it seems that throwing the object and cussing at it might make it come together. It is at this point that I have to turn around and pretend to be doing something else or else I might laugh and make him angrier. Sometimes after I have given him a sufficient cooling off period I can kid him about his temper and we have a good laugh. Then we have to go and look at the object to see if it is still useful. (Often, the fit of anger renders the item useless.) Tonight it was the fence we were putting up around the garden to keep out the dogs. We'll see how well it keeps out Boom. That dog is a crafty one!

So, we're still waiting.

No comments: