Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I wouldn't use the word bored . . .

Daunted might be a better word. There is so much to do that all I find myself doing is watching T.V. This is my 2nd full day off and I am feeling the pressures of having an open schedule. There is so much that I want/need/have to do that it can feel a bit overwhelming. Watching soap operas and Titanic for the 500th time would be so much easier! (Thank God for HBO!!) I know a healthy amount of vegging is OK but there are things I actually need to do and I think that Todd is counting on me to do. This is sad, I know, but I don't like to do stuff around the house alone. Sounds corny, but it is true. I like it when we (Todd and I) work in the yard together or clean house or whatever. I know Todd doesn't begrudge me the time off that I have; I completely earn everyday I have off in the summer. I also know that he doesn't mind if I stay in bed all day every once in awhile. It's just that right now we have A LOT going on. If he comes home from work and I haven't done anything he will be disappointed. Not mad, just disappointed that an entire day has been wasted. I think some of that stems from my previous mental state as well. He worries that I will have a "relapse" if I am sitting on my bum all day doing nothing. So, when he comes home today he will find the house cleaned, two new posts on our blog, laundry going, and dinner plans in the making. I don't guarantee that I will be this productive every day, but I am making an attempt.

OK, so I am bored already!!!! Cut me some slack! It will take me a few days to get into a routine and then when Lil comes home I'll have to readjust again!

No comments: