Sunday, April 02, 2006

Spring forward!

Well, we turned our clocks up an hour this morning. I've felt rushed all day. I can't believe that it is 10:30 P.M. already! No new news on the adoption front--still waiting! I did have some "kid" therapy this week and had a chance to get away from all of the adoption nonsense. I visited my older brother, Rob, in Georgia last weekend and got to spend a lot of time with my niece and nephews. I also visited my grandmother in south KY with my younger brother Michael. We took his fiance' to all of the sites in southern KY including my favorite spot--Cumberland Falls. Hopefully the next time I go to the falls, I will get to take my child. It was raining very hard while we were at the falls and on our way out of the mountains, we saw a rainbow. It was the biggest rainbow I have ever seen. Maybe it was a sign!

Call me crazy, but when we were in Georgia we went to a place called Tallulah Gorge State Park. It is a 900 ft. drop into a river and they have waterfalls (I love waterfalls.) Anyway, we hiked to the bottom of the gorge and went across a suspension bridge. The video I took is hilarious because I was freaking out! The bridge was shaking, bouncing, swaying, etc. I kept accusing Todd of teasing me by causing these motions, but he claims innocence. I took a bunch of pictures of the waterfalls from the suspension bridge and when we looked back at the pictures there was something very interesting in one of the photos. In one of the rock formations in the middle of the photo it looks like a little Chinese girl's face. I swear it is eerie. To my credit, Melissa said she could see it as well. I will have to post the picture. I think that could be another sign; either that or I have officially lost my mind!

I went into the baby's room before posting this evening. My sister-in-law gave me some clothes and the cutest pair of black patent leather shoes. I love to go into the room and look at all of the clothes that we have so far. Todd made a joke that at the pace things are going, some of the clothes I was afraid I wouldn't get to use because of the seasons may work after all. It is good that we haven't lost our sense of humor. I think if our LID date was later the delays would be bothering us more. We just have to be close at this point. There are only 10 LID days in front of us. If we aren't next, then we have to be after that. I keep telling myself that anyway!

No comments: