Sunday, June 04, 2006

Sleepless in Jeffersonville

Another sleepless night. I've been up since 3:30 A.M. Don't really know why. I think I may have restless leg syndrome.

Nothing much to report on the adoption front. We are busy preparing for Lilly's arrival. I have now found it easy to refer to her by name whereas before I thought that was incredibly odd and it felt funny to say. This evening I told Todd to put some items in "Lilly's room". It felt good to finally be able to say that. I'm totally babbling, but I guess it is better than my usual middle-of-the-night snack when I can't sleep. Speaking of eating, I have given up peanut butter permanently. I gave it up for Lent and it has been a PB-eating frenzy since Lent ended. I think I'm addicted and I really don't want to be forced into joining PBEA (Peanut Butter Eaters Anonymous). I'm giving it up . . .

We saw The Break-Up today. It was OK. My mind kept wandering and I couldn't concentrate on the movie--probably why I can't sleep right now. We have SO much we need to do before the baby! Right in the middle of all of our excitement, my brother is getting married in two weeks. I still need to find something to wear and something for Todd to wear. It is funny how I am now responsible for dressing two people and soon I will be responsible for dressing three! The really funny thing is that I have absolutely NO sense of style. I know what looks good together, but I can't accessorize to save my life. I love the necklaces and jewelry that everyone is wearing right now and everytime I get dressed I think to myself that my outfit could use some jewelry. What's a girl to do?

So, I'm cross-stitching the ring-bearer pillow for my brother's wedding. In true Lorie style, I waited until the last minute to start it. I'm about 3/4 of the way finished with it but it is still one of those things that weighs on your mind. As soon as I get that done I am going to concentrate on finding something to wear to the wedding. I'm feeling a trip to Value City!

We had dinner with the Godparents of Lilly Friday night. We had to go to Indy to have our fingerprints updated (do fingerprints change?) They live in Logansport and met us on the north side of Indy for dinner. We ate at P.F. Changs (how appropriate). It's a Chinese restaurant. Todd and I arrived several hours before them and spent the afternoon shopping at the Fashion Mall. That was a great trip! Todd the Spender came out to play and did we have fun! I bought a pair of sandals for China--my first pair of Dansko's. We also got sucked into buying an oil burner and some oils at the Body Shop. It smelled awesome! We bought Michael's wedding gift and of course some things for Lilly. I finally went to Gymboree. I didn't think it was all that expensive. Of course I was looking at the clearance racks!

OK, REALLY babbling now. I should probably end before I embarrass myself.

No comments: