Friday, September 08, 2006

NO MORE SUGAR!!!!

I think sugar has an adverse affect on Lilli. Yesterday was my dad's birthday and of course we had cake (cupcakes to be exact.) I had a suspicion before that sugar was an enemy. Two other difficult nights she had eaten ice cream and another night she had frosted animal crackers. Well, even though I scraped off the majority of the icing from her cupcake, last night was EXTREMELY TRYING!!!!!! So, I've come to the conclusion that Lilli cannot have sugar after supper time. We rocked her for over an hour and half and she would NOT close her eyes. She had more fight in her than usual and I think it was the sugar talking. The evening ended up with me in tears, Lilli screaming, and Todd extremely frustrated. He was finally able to get her to nod off thank goodness! Lord knows I wasn't having any luck and I was D-O-N-E trying!

I used the aspirator (booger sucker) for the first time yesterday. I didn't know you were supposed to squeeze the air out of it before placing it in your child's nose. Let's just say that I probably knocked all of the dust out of Lilli's brain. She looked at me with a quizzical look and burst into tears. I felt so bad.

No comments: