Saturday, June 10, 2006

Ahhh, finally . . .

I spent 5 hours shopping for a dress!!! 5 HOURS!! It was pure insanity. BUT, I finally found a dress, no, THE dress for the wedding. I look so good in this dress that I will probably upstage the bride! LOL! All kidding aside, when I put the dress on it was like the dress had been made just for me. The saleslady (who was the bomb-diggity) had to pick up her chin off the floor when I walked out of the dressing room. She even put one aside for herself. It is an awesome feeling to have that one large item off the checklist of things to do. Now all I have to do is find shoes . . .

Nothing new on the adoption front. We are working on filling out our visas. Lots of signatures and adresses and more passport photos! It is a never-ending maze of paperwork around here. We have guides for every aspect of the adoption laying around the house. Absolutely crazy!

We did have a major meltdown at the house today. Things were going fine and I was on the floor loving on the dogs. Todd decided to join in. Our lab is just a big old baby and he doesn't realize his size or the power behind his legs. He does this thing where he flips over on his back and stretches his legs; what he really wants is for you to rub his belly. Well, Todd was on the receiving end of one of his stretches and he got it right in the face. That sent hubby dear over the edge. He thumped Boom one good time on the nose (the poor dog is wondering what the heck is going on) and the tirade begins. He starts ranting about how if the dog does that to Lilly then he'll have to find some place else to live. I went OFF! I thought we had an understanding that we were going to be patient and work with the dogs. We have had many constructive conversations about how there will probably be some scratches and rough play and that every creature in this house is going to have to come to an understanding about the other ones. I just will NOT have a small infraction on the dogs' part be the end of them in our house. They are my babies as well and I know if we are patient, everything will work out. The dogs will have to learn their place and we will have to teach Lilly that she must be respectful of the dogs. Harmony in the house is really up to the two of us. We have to create a climate where the dogs are not jealous of Lilly and that they realize that she is a couple of notches higher than them in the pack. On the flip side, Lilly is going to have to learn that they are dogs and that they need respect, too. She will have to learn how to play properly and when she is to leave the dogs alone. I really, really want it to work with the dogs; I just need my husband to be a partner with me and believe that we can make it work. Oh the trials and tribulations . . .

I was very good on my shopping outing today. I did not purchase one thing for the baby. This is pretty incredible since I have purchased something every times I have gone out in the past several months--I mean EVERY time! I desperately need to go to BRU and register for a few more items. I checked our registry and found out that several of the "big" items have been discontinued. One day at a time.

No comments: