Tuesday, June 20, 2006

We have our TA!

We received our TA this afternoon. Looks like we are tentatively leaving on July 13. Our agency is requesting our CA for the week of July 24. So really we could leave sometime during the week of July 13. No firm dates yet but it is good news that China has approved us for travel. I guess my bitching and moaning got their attention! LOL!

Another poopy day at summer school. Imagine a group of 17 of the most unmotivated kids in the world. That paints a fairly accurate picture of my class. What is so frustrating about them is that they are all intelligent and capable of doing the work, they just choose not to. I am checking their folders and many of them are simply not completing their work, or they are completing just enough work to get half credit. It is completely insane. They are playing the same game in summer school that got them in their current position. I just don't understand. There is a quote from the movie 28 Days that I love. It says, "the meaning of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." I know I wasn't the most motivated student but these guys are ultra-lazy. They make me look like a dynamo!

I'm off my soapbox.


I was trying to find a photo of someone lazy and all I could find was my hubby sleeping with my nephew, Aidan. The is an accurate photo of my students from where I am standing at the podium. He is going to kill me!

No comments: