Monday, June 05, 2006

I've lost my mind!

Remember how excited I was to have the whole summer off? Well, about an hour ago I accepted a position to teach summer school. Our principal called me and asked if I would be willing to do so. I think this is a blessing in disguise. The money will really help and I will make a shit-ton of it teaching summer school. We have been on a spending frenzy lately and I have been extremely nervous about living on one income. We have also bought some VERY BIG TICKET items (new pool) that we probably should have waited on. I got a call this afternoon from one of my peeps and he mentioned that they needed another English teacher for the first session. He said my name came up as the person to do it. Then, I was at the funeral home this evening and talked to my assistant principal and she said that it was a definite possibility. I thought about it and it wasn't a hard decision to make. I feel bad sitting on my tush all day when I could be bringing in an income. It is only for 4 weeks and I will have plenty of time to get ready for China. Summer School goes from 8 - 12 so I will still have almost the entire day. Plus, I think I am a better person when I have some routine and structure in my life.

One of the ladies in the June group who is in China right now has her "Gotcha" day video posted on her blog. It brought tears to my eyes. Todd and I watched it and we can't believe that will be us in a few short weeks. Still no word on when we will go. Our acceptance of Lilliana went to China on Friday. It will still be a few weeks before they give us the dates we will travel.

Here is the blog for "California Vicki": pomafamily.blogspot.com. She has also included travel logs covering her first few days in China. Be sure to watch the gotcha video! Have some tissue handy, especially when you read her journal!

No comments: