Thursday, June 29, 2006

14 days and counting

It has been almost a week since I've posted anything. We are busy getting everything organized, packing, etc. I started packing Lilli's stuff tonight and I just don't know how I am going to get everything in one bag. I am packing her stuff in the "big" suitcase and it is almost full. I subscribe to the packing philosophy that more is always better. I am going to have to abandon that philosophy for this trip. I have been threatened to not take more than two pairs of shoes. This is going to be very difficult for me. When my brother got married two weeks ago, I took six pairs of shoes for three days. I like to have options. I had planned on taking a pair of tennis shoes, my Dansko's, and a black pair of walking sandals to China. Unfortunately I have developed a rash from one of the pairs of shoes so now I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm trying to determine which pair of shoes is causing the rash. I had a similar occurance a few years ago with shoes. My mom is allergic to the glue used in shoes and has to be really careful when she buys shoes. I think I may have inherited this from her. I'm just hoping that it clears up between now and China. If not, I'm in big trouble!

I had my teaching license professionalized today. It was a pain in the butt, but I'm glad I finally got it over with. Now I have ten years before I have to take any more classes.

The shower went well on Sunday. There were tons of people and it was mighty hectic. I felt bad that I didn't get to spend more time with everybody. I think it may have been better to have a shower with friends and then a shower with family. Live and learn. We're still trying to clean up the house and get things put away. I have done enough laundry in the last 24 hours to do me for a lifetime--I know, I know, get used to it. If one more person says that to me, I may punch them in the face! I told Todd that we have a new category for laundry. We have whites, towels, light colors, dark colors, and now PINK! I did three entire loads of nothing but pink--pink and white, pink with flowers, pink with bunnies! When I cleaned the lint tray on the dryer it was PINK! I thought I had done a pretty good job of avoiding this girly color. Guess I haven't done as well as I thought! Oh well. Little girl clothes are just so darn cute!

Well, I think I've BS-ed enough for one evening. Todd wants to use the computer and I am only writing to appease my mil (LOL)! Just kidding Barb!

I'm off to repack Lil's clothes for the FOURTH time!

No comments: