Sunday, July 02, 2006

11 days and counting

Lots of things going on! We went camping this weekend with our good friends Jason and Linda. I wasn't too excited at first, but I slowly came to enjoy it. There are a few things I would change, but we'll save that post for another day.

We spent a good chunk of today finishing up Lilli's room. We hung the border and arranged the furniture. Todd hung some pictures and shelves and I continued the task of doing laundry for her. I took down the curtains to wash because they have been hanging for almost 9 months and they were probably dusty. We have kept the door to the nursery closed since the furniture and bedding arrived so dust is minimal; I still want everything to be clean when we come home.

We received our itinerary while we were gone. I haven't looked at it yet but I do know that we go to get Lilli on the 17th at 9:00 A.M.--that will be 9:00 P.M. on the 16th for everyone here at home. We'll be making phone calls so don't go to bed! LOL! We also received the cost for the intra-China travel arrangements. One word -- OUCH! Our idea that this adoption was going to cost less than $20,000 has gone by the wayside. We have been able to save some money, but everything seems to be costing more than we thought. Oh well. It will be worth it. We do find it funny, however, that they wait until you have the photos of your child before they get serious about travel costs!

I'm still trying to pack. I have a few more items to purchase, but I think I have everything we need. I think Todd and I are going to share a suitcase. By share I mean I will have at least 3/4 of the suitcase and he will have whatever is left when I am done. I am still having a shoe crisis. My rash is getting better (I went to the dr on Friday), but I still don't see how I am going to get around less than 3-4 pairs of shoes. I have resigned myself to the fact that I am only taking 4 outfits for myself. I also don't think I am going to take all of my make-up. I think I'll take the basics and be done with it.

The 4th of July is in two days. We are having the fam over for swimming and a cookout. The pool water temp today was 86 degrees--bathwater! It was awesome! I hope it stays nice, but I think it is supposed to rain on Tuesday. We'll see!

1 comment:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I will be looking forward to reading more about your travels to China... good luck with it all and remember to have a great time too... Felicity