Wednesday, August 02, 2006

A Good Day!

Today has been a good day. It started off rough but after a 3 hour nap we had an enjoyable rest of the day. We spent an hour in the pool (the water was ninety degrees) and spent about an hour in the tub. I actually got her to smile while in the tub. We have bunches of toys and I opened a few more for her to play with. She likes to throw the toys out of the tub and then have me throw them back in. I think she likes the splash. She discovered in the pool today that if she opens her mouth under water, she gets a drink. I don't think this is very healthy, but she was having a ball and I didn't want to ruin her fun. I also think that if she were given the opportunity, she would try to swim. She wants very little help with anything and would only let me hold her hands in the water. Really, she was floating. She doesn't kick at all so that may be a problem. I'll have to work with her on that one.

We are just now opening toys from her shower. One of our friends got this ride along dump truck thing and she absolutely LOVES it. She was tottering all over the living room with it today. It helps her walk a bit more steadily and she doesn't have to rely on us to get places. We took several pics of her laughing and enjoying her new found freedom. I think she is just days away from walking.

We found out tonight that she loves peas. We ordered pizza and she didn't want anything to do with it. I don't think she likes tomato sauce because she wouldn't eat lasagna the other day and she didn't want the pizza either. I took off the cheese and toppings and she ate the doughy part of the crust. I was afraid she didn't get enough to eat so I warmed up one of those Lil' Entrees that had a chicken and noodle dish and peas. She snubbed the chicken and noodles and dove into the peas. One of the cutest (but messiest) things she does it try to eat with utensils. She doesn't really "get" it but it is a hoot to watch. I don't mind the mess--I think it is cute.

If you're queasy at all, you may not want to continue reading. We had our first solid poo tonight! I was relieved. It also didn't smell as bad as the runny poo which is a bonus. Todd was still grossed out and has yet to change a poopy diaper (or a wet one for that matter). He truly gags whenever I change the yucky ones. Oh to be a fly on the wall when he has no alternative but to change a poopy diaper some day!

No comments: