Sunday, August 27, 2006

The importance of routine . . .

Post #102--still waiting for my prize . . .

We have had a very busy weekend. Poor Lilli is all screwed up. She missed her regularly scheduled nap today and when she finally did fall asleep, I had to wake her up about an hour and a half into it. She was NOT a happy camper. So I've made a decision that the hours between 1:00 P.M. and 4:00 P.M. are sacred hours. We shall call them our Chinese Siesta hours. Anyway, she desperately needs to have that rest during those hours or she is a bear! We have done so much running around this weekend and it has definitely taken its toll on her. I just spent 55 minutes trying to get her to sleep. We had whittled bedtime down to about 15 minutes. Thank goodness we don't have much going on this week. This next weekend will be busy, but we have all week to get ready for it!

I just found out that my brother Michael and his wifey Laura are coming home this weekend. I'm very excited! My mom's family has a huge reunion every Labor Day weekend and she is hosting this year. It is actually my grandmother's family and she had 11 brothers and sisters. Only 4 are still alive now (I think)but all of their kids, grandkids, great-grandkids come to the reunion. I can't remember a time in my life when we did not have this reunion. It has always been something I look forward to every year. I can't wait to show Lilli off to everyone. So many people are looking forward to meeting her.

No comments: