Thursday, August 17, 2006

Why buy toys?

We already had remote controls and portable phones! I don't think Lilli cares anything for the toys she has. Tonight, for example, I was washing dishes and she usually wants to be right in the thick of the action. I gave her some junk mail to play with and she happily played for a long time while I finished the dishes. It's crazy. I was assured today, however, that this behavior is very normal. Thank goodness, I was beginning to wonder if we got the weird kid!

So, my blog is probably getting boring. I think the shell-shock of being a new mom is beginning to wear off and it shows in my posts. Things are just not phasing me as much anymore. I intend to keep writing, but I may have to go longer stretches to come up with good material!

We brushed our teeth for the first time tonight. She wasn't too thrilled at first (she screamed) and then I showed her how to do it. Being the mockingbird that she is, she took the toothbrush and tried to do it herself. We're going to have to work on that one. Eventually she just started eating the toothpaste. It was berry flavored, and personally, I thought it was disgusting. Whatever it takes to get her to brush her teeth!

We went in to school today. I surprised my team by showing up for our weekly team meeting. It was great to see everybody and I got misty seeing all of my peeps. My former students were tickled to see me there with Lilli. It was a fun morning. Of course, Lilli was a ham as usual. She does great with a crowd of people but I think there were times today when she was a bit overwhelmed. Heck, I was overwhelmed. The kids wanted to give me hugs and talk. It kind of felt like I was being stalked by the paparazzi. I started ducking down hallways that were empty just to avoid being seen!

Well, I'm done for the night.

1 comment:

Lorie said...

Thanks for you support, Laurel! I appreciate your comments!

Lorie