Wednesday, August 23, 2006

New experiences

We took Lilli to the zoo on Saturday with her Godparents and their children. She absolutely LOVED it! She really likes animals, especially big animals. We also discovered that she likes fish and fish tanks. I think we may have to get her a one. Yesterday we took her to the Kentucky State Fair. The cows were her favorite. She mimics the dogs when they bark and she barked at every animal we saw at the fair. The sheep were baa-ing at her and she was barking at them. It was quite a sight to see!

Things are going very well here. She is becoming more confident with us and herself and her surroundings. She is amazing to watch. She is blossoming into this wonderful little girl with the cutest personality (I'm not biased). One of my travelmates made the statement that she can't believe how in love she is with her daughter. I feel the same way. Everyday I love and enjoy her more than the day before. She is constantly amazing me.

I must take a moment to sing the praises of Todd. He has done such a wonderful job of taking on the role of "daddy". Being a dad isn't easy for Todd. Daily, he is rejected by Lilli, but he continues loving her and coming back for more. Every day gets a little better for those two. Where Todd really does a great job is by helping me. He has become a super handyman around the house. Anything I want done or anything I need, he is ready and willing. I have appreciated him so much since we've been home because there have been times when I wasn't sure I could take it anymore. He has taken the baby from me more than once and "put on his clown suit" (as he says) to entertain her while I took a break. I'm a lucky lady.

OK, I'm done being a sap for the day.

No comments: