Monday, July 10, 2006

3 days and counting

I heard a rumor that there is quite a following associated with this blog. Please feel free to leave comments! I do hope to continue updating while we are in China. A lady who is in China right now has had some trouble updating her blog and she is a master computer user. I'm more of an amateur. We'll see what happens.

Anyway, I had a freak-out moment on the way home from the movies. I don't know what scares me more: the looooooong plane ride, or a 16-month-old screaming baby. I was on the verge of hyperventilating as we drove home. I kept playing the "what if" game. Luckily Todd was in a calm place and tried talking sense into me. He was really patient with me until I started asking ridiculous questions. I think the turning point was when I asked, "what if the terrorists are on the plane?" I guess everyone who is going to become a parent goes through a questioning period where they question how well they are going to do in a given situation. I'm sure this is all normal, it is just uncharted territory for me and I am fast figuring out that I am no longer in control--very difficult for me!

We met with a pediatrician today and I really liked her. She said that paperwork on Lilli looks very good. I sure do hope it turns out that way!

I am going to begin packing for myself tomorrow. We are going to try to carry-on only (for ourselves). Lilli's bag weighs 34 lbs. Hers will be the only bag checked (we'll see). Each person can check 44 lbs. of luggage, have one carry-on and one personal item. I know it is different when you are traveling domestically, but in China they only allow 44 lbs. of luggage on in-country flights. We will be taking 2 flights in China: one to Wuhan and the other to Guanzhou. We've been told to pack lightly. I'm anxious to see how well I do with this one since I am the "more is better" queen.

No comments: