Thursday, July 20, 2006

Todd and Lilli are playing!

We just got done with breakfast and Todd took Lilli outside to the playground to play. I hope they are doing OK. He was able to get her out of bed again this morning and played with her while I got ready. They are starting to bond. It has been slow but she is definitely coming around.

Bath time was a true nightmare last night. I put on my swimsuit and got in the tub with her and I have never heard her scream so hard or loudly! She gets so upset it is just pitiful. By the time bath is over she is so tired that she falls asleep.

We had a difficult time putting her in her crib last night and she ended up falling asleep with me in my bed. I eventually was able to put her in the crib without her fussing. Todd and I thought we would be slick and hang a blanket over the edge of the crib when we laid her down the first time. She had fallen asleep in my arms and I placed her in the bed. She started crying and then sat up. We hunkered down so she couldn't see us but she whipped that blanket right off the edge of the crib. I know I'm biased, but she figures things out so easily--I think she is really smart! Then I rocked her back to sleep and tried to lay down in bed with her in my arms. She wasn't too keen on this at first but she was so tired that she fell back asleep. I fell asleep too and woke up about an hour later. This is how sad it is around here: it was 10:00 P.M. when I woke up! We went to bed at 9:00 P.M.! I knew she was good and asleep so I picked her up and put her down in the crib without any problem. She slept through the night and I didn't hear her once! Yes, progress is being made!

Thanks for all of the encouraging e-mails! It is nice to hear that most of the things we are going through are quite normal! Gotta go and get packed for the last leg of our trip! Guangzhou, here we come!

No comments: