Saturday, July 29, 2006

Ahhh, home at last

We made it. I have never been so glad to be home in all of my life! I sobbed when I saw my brother in Chicago. I was so overjoyed to see a familiar face even though we still had one more flight. When we finally got into Louisville, I sobbed again and only wanted my mom. I'm such a baby. China was fun and interesting, but it pales in comparison to the good 'ol USA! We stopped at McDonald's on the way home from the airport and had a "real" meal.

I am not going to type much because the wee one is asleep and I'm sure she will awaken at any minute and I would like to get some rest. The plane ride home was horrible. Lilli screamed for the first 5 hours. Todd was finally able to soothe her and get her to sleep. She slept for most of the rest of the flight. I was glad because I had a complete meltdown on the plane while she was screaming.

Things at home aren't going as smoothly as I would have hoped. Getting Lilli adjusted to IN time has been difficult. She is doing fine with the dogs and she loves the cat. She tolerates Boomer more than Sherman but I think that is because of all of the noises Sherman makes. She is eating well and we are trying to find things other than meat and noodles that she will eat. We did discover that she likes ice cream and blueberry pie. This weekend she has met all of her cousins and she loves playing with the kids.

I know things will continue to get better. This is such a transistory period and we have to remember that she has only been ours for 2 weeks. Her world (and ours) has been turned upside down and we need to be patient. We are doing all we can to keep her happy and ourselves sane!

No comments: