Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Sleepless and sneezing

I knew it would happen. The nerves are frazzled. It is 5:00 A.M. and I haven't been able to sleep at all. I went to bed around 1:00 A.M. (after Todd which is completely amazing) and I have been tossing and turning. My allergies aren't making life easy on me either. Oh well. I'm sure tonight will be even worse. I can't believe I am going to be getting on a plane in 28 hours. I can't believe that I will probably be on the plane for 28 hours! Ha! It just doesn't seem real. I know I am going to have a total meltdown at the airport. I sure hope Todd is ready with the hefty drugs! I should be fine on the first flight--a whopping 55 minutes to Chicago. But when I walk the gerbil tube to get on the flight to Tokyo--whoo--I don't know what is going to happen! They will probably have to sedate me and strap me to the seat.

The carry-on bag thing isn't looking very good for me. I have tried 1000 different ways to pack my clothes and I just can't figure it out. I have resigned myself to having to check my bag.

I'm off to take some Benadryl and see if I can get some rest--today is going to be a busy one!

1 comment:

K. said...

Oh, my! It's so exciting, but I hope your allergies cooperate.

Best wishes and many prayers as you make your journey to your beautiful daughter! She is really a sweetheart!